Stuff 'n' Junk

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bleak Winter

A cold season is upon us,
heavy with damp and failure.
Progress is slow;
army of one
marching through treacle.
Each achievement,
grains of sand from the mountain
of things that need to be done.
Improvement?
Postponed.
Enlightenment?
Delayed.
Happiness?
Coming. Oh so slowly coming;
as a day dawning
after a lifetime of twilight.
Summer is the dawn.
Its sunrise sheds a light of hope
on the horizon of a lifetime;
a lifetime full of sorrow and disillusionment.
I see that light shining
and I walk towards that far off horizon
all the while hoping that
this time
I will not be disappointed.
This time
I will not disappoint.

For when that summer day has dawned
I want it to find me
as I've never been:
at peace.
Secure.

Smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home