Stuff 'n' Junk

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Did you ever wonder...?

I started thinking this morning. I'd never done it before. Haha.

Sorry, just a little ambiguous english humour there...

But anywho...

I was thinking about other people's point of view. It's funny how we can all essentially (presumably) feel ok about ourselves, and yet there is potential to feel such strong feelings towards other people of anger, disappointment, sadness, outrage and what not else. If we all think we're essentially 'doing a good job', shouldn't that mean we all think everyone ELSE is 'essentially doing a good job'?

But it doesn't!

People (even very like minded people) have very differing ideas on what constitutes 'doing a good job', and I suppose this is what creates the differences of opinion.

But this wasn't my point, it was just a background for your reading 'interest' *rolls eyes*

It got me to thinking about other people I've been very angry at, and one in particular.

For privacy reasons, let's call her Janet S.

No, wait. That's too obvious. Let's call her J. Shariglazov.

Ok. So it got me thinking about Janet.

Here's a woman who was willing to lie under oath in front of my face in order to try to scam me out of justice. A woman who was rude, condescending, bad tempered, unprofessional, mean, nasty... ok I'm getting personal now, but you get my point. She did nothing to help me in the housing situation into which her negligence had landed me. She was stressful and hard to approach and frustrating at best to deal with. She told me (when I asked for my bond back) that I was paranoid, had a chip on my shoulder, and that I just thought everyone was out to get me. She told me I was such a lousy tenant she had refused to contact me out of spite, regarding my bond.

To summarise; she is not someone I consider to be 'essentially doing a good job'.

But when you start to look at HER point of view, maybe it's not really all that bad. I mean, I don't have much evidence with which to construct an image of her home life, but I can try and at least create an example of what I'm trying to say here. (Christ I babble on.)

Ok. So Janet. Oops. Ms. S. (ahem) is a Property Manager. She has this job because her husband bought an LJ Hooker franchise. The two of them (presumably) run the business together. Janet takes care of rental tenants and her husband (presumably) does what he considers to be more important and financially benefial tasks.

Janet gets stuck between a parsimonious rock (her tight-arse husband), and a tight-arse hard place (the parsimonious landlords). Tenants come to her and say 'this needs fixing, that needs fixing.' etc. Janet tries to get things done but she's managing a lot (two words. ahem. not a lot of words. ahem ahem. Pip. ahem) of properties and it takes time to contact all sorts of holidaying jerk-offs who don't wanna know about how they are expected to pay for things. Her husband (I can only imagine) tells her 'don't worry about it. tenants are scum. fuck them' etc. Well... hopefully she doesn't do that... but anyway... argh...

So she gets stressed. She was never cut out for this business world anyway. All she ever wanted to do was drive her Lexus to Burnside Village and drink coffee with the Perm Brigade; her lovely cafe set group of snobby friends. The Burnside Wives. etc.

Then, presumably in my case from what I can gather, her husband organises a rental property (which has a list of problems longer than an above average appendage belonging to a certain gender of our species) through a personal friend of his, business associates or whatever, and tells her to rent it without telling anyone it's falling down.

I, aka ME move in, and complain about it. Her husband says 'don't bother my friends with this bullshit. we told you, tenants are scum. tell them it's fine and not our responsibility' etc. Janet (oops, slipped out again) tries. She says 'But darling munchkin face, it IS our responsibility! We need to...' but he cuts her off with condescending pleasantries such as 'There there little boo boo wrinkle perm. Let the MEN worry about important things hey? You just do what you're told like a good trophy wife.' Then he goes off to hump his secretary, who is probably a young man.

And it just gets worse. I take her to the tribunal about it, and arrive with friends in support, and when she says to her husband that night 'will you come with me and help sort this out darling?' he says 'no dear I have IMPORTANT things to do. You tell that scumbag that we won't give him a damn dollar. Tell the tribunal what an awful tenant he's been and he's just trying to get money out of us because he's a leech. You'll see. It'll all disappear. I'm going to play golf all day.' By which he means gang bang his 17 year old step daughter with a group of his elderly rich men associates.

Ok I'm going too far here, but I'm still making a point.

Janet shows up with specific instructions to say nothing and pay nothing, and she's utterly alone. She sees me in my $6000 pants, and she thinks "Come on!"

...or such... :-/

I got away with that one, right..?

Anywho...

I think my point is that she is probably a very sad and lonely lady who really didn't want to be in the situation in the first place, and despite having a bunch of flaws and being somewhat selfish and rude, she's really only doing her best given the circumstances. And who can say they aren't guilty of being somewhat selfish or rude at times?

I kinda feel bad for her, but perhaps people in loveless marriages should divorce.

Or at least cheat.

Cheerio

3 Comments:

  • At 17:59, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sir Shorn should be two words too!

     
  • At 17:59, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    by which I mean... I love you too... :)

    *crawl crawl*

     
  • At 11:01, Blogger Pablo said…

    You have $6000 pants???!?!?!?!

    That said...

    I'm not sure if you massively overthought this or had a sudden case of exaggerated psychic empathy.

    Either way it was amusing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home