Stuff 'n' Junk

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

For you

If I go
would you want to come too
but be too scared to risk it
and stay?
If I stay
would I want to be with you
but let it all end up the same?
Life is so short
I think I’m nearly half dead
And things still aren’t going my way.
I keep waiting until tomorrow
to do what I shouldn’t do today.


I think I love you
but I’m too scared to ask you
to be with me
because I’m afraid.
Maybe I’m wrong and I can’t be as amazing
as you make me think I can be…

Be with me!
Stay with me!
Spend the night,
if only this night,
let us both feel what I know can be.

I can be happy
if I’m wrong and I know it
I can be any damn thing
And if I’m right
I could spend every night
playing music and hearing you sing.
But I still don’t ask it
because maybe we’d feel it
and you’d still be this far from me,
leaving me drinking,
eternally sinking
into bitterness, rage and ennui.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home